Math Committee Professional Development
Jill Gough, Marsha Harris, Becky Holden
Friday, January 13
- Morning Session: 2nd Grade Leads, 1/2 of 1st Grade
- Afternoon Session: 2nd Grade Assistants, 1/2 of 1st Grade
- I can facilitate intentional tasks to improve mathematical flexibility for all learners.
- I can look for and make use of structure.
- I can look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
|15 min||Welcome – Intent and Purpose|
|45 min||Strategies: Number Talks and Number Strings|
|45 min||Minilessons for …
Read, select, and design – anticipate and connect to strategies
|50 min||Practice – Facilitate planned number string with other grade level teachers serving as the learners
|10 min||Next steps and challenge|
Curriculum Support Materials:
- Minilessons for Early Addition and Subtraction: A Yearlong Resource (Contexts for Learning Mathematics) by Catherine Twomey Fosnot
- Minilessons for Extending Addition and Subtraction: A Yearlong Resource (Contexts for Learning Mathematics) by Willem Uttenbogaard