Connecting Student Solutions:
- Connecting Different Solutions to Each Other
- Challenges to face and take up
Course Goals: At the end of the semester, participants should be able to say:
- I can exercise mathematical flexibility to show what I know in more than one way.
- I can intentionally plan and teach using the 5 Practice Framework.
Session Goals: At the end of this session, participants should be able to say:
- I can select cognitively challenging mathematical tasks that align to the specified learning goal.
- I can work independently and collectively to predict how to select, sequence and connect student responses.
- The 5 Practices in Practice: Successfully Orchestrating Mathematical Discussion in your Middle School Classroom