October 26, 2015
Location: Idea Lab
Kato Nims, Kerry Coote, Erin Collini
- Continued work on vertical alignment, including 3s and Prek
- Expanding knowledge of best practices and their role in our current program
- Sharing work with grade level teams to grow our whole community as teachers of math
- Raising the level of teacher confidence in math
- How do we deepen, differentiate, and extend learning for the students in our classroom?
- To work as a team to meet the above goals
- To develop a plan for sharing, coaching, and teaching grade level members to further equip them with the tools to further gain confidence as a student of math.
Materials Needed: laptop, pencil, paper
|3:00||5 min||Welcome and Check-in|
|3:05||10 min||Number Talks: Developing common language
|3:15||25 min||Designing a Month of Number Talks
|3:40||10 min||#MathMondays Sharing|
“I learned…, “I liked…,”I felt…”
- Not Your Mom’s Flashcards: Conceptual Understanding of Multiplication: via @gfletchy
- When You Believe In Your Students They Do Better from @JoBoaler
- Sherry Parrish: Number Talks: Building Numerical Reasoning video from @NumberTalks – Can we meet one afternoon for popcorn and a movie?
- Jo Boaler: How to Learn Math for Students MOOC
Making Number Talks Matter
- 8 Mathematical Practices– Nov 4th 3-3:30pm EST
- Differentiation with Envision 2.0– Nov 18th 1-1:30pm EST
- 8 Mathematical Practices– Dec 10th 2:30-3pm EST