As part of our practice, we offer in-house summer professional learning around literacy and numeracy.
- I can design reading and writing lessons using the structure of the mini-lesson.
- I can nurture a community of learners with a growth mindset towards learning mathematics, where making thinking visible is safe, even when students make a mistake.
Dates: June 6-9 (M-TH)
- Reading: Tiffany Coleman
- Writing: Lisa Eickholdt
- Math: Jill Gough, Becky Holden, Kerry Coote
- Balanced Literacy
- Structure of Workshop – Non-negotiable essentials
- Standards for Mathematical Practices
- Architecture of the Mini-Lesson
- Number Talks
- Dot Talks: Building Fluency with Numbers
- How to read a Unit of Study in Writing
- Three-Act Tasks
3 Days of PD (3 90 min sessions)
- Units of Study in Reading and Writing
- Envision Math Book and Student Workbook