August 25, 2015
Kato Nims, Kerry Coote, Erin Collini
- Continued work on vertical alignment, including 3s and Prek
- Expanding knowledge of best practices and their role in our current program (i.e. EnVision and Everyday Math for 3s and PreK)
- Sharing work with grade level teams to grow our whole community as teachers of math
- Raising the level of teacher confidence in math
- How do we deepen, differentiate, and extend learning for the students in our classroom?
- To work as a team to meet the above goals
- To develop a plan for sharing, coaching, and teaching grade level members to further equip them with the tools to further gain confidence as a student of math.
Professional Development Opportunities:
- Greg Tang: Clever Connections (1st-6th) September 10 in Atlanta
- Greg Tang: Fluency with Fractions (1st-6th) October 19 in Atlanta
- NCTM Regional – Nashville, TN November 18-20 See online planner for details
|3:30||5 min||Check in – Welcome New Members!|
|3:35||10 min||Committee goals and commitments|
|3:45||35 min||Number Talks|
|4:20||5 min||Check out and close of meeting|
- Today’s slidedeck
- Sherry Parrish: Number Talks: Building Numerical Reasoning video
- Can we meet one afternoon for popcorn and a movie?
- Which One Doesn’t Belong? website
- Math Talks – August 26 Google slide deck
- Jo Boaler: How to Learn Math for Students MOOC