Selecting and Sequencing Student Solutions:
- Purposeful Selection to Tell a Coherent Story
- Challenges to face and take up
At the end of the semester, participants should be able to say:
- I can exercise mathematical flexibility to show what I know in more than one way.
- I can intentionally plan and teach using the 5 Practice Framework.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to say:
- I can select cognitively challenging mathematical tasks that align to the specified learning goal.
- I can work independently and collectively to anticipate student responses.
- The 5 Practices in Practice: Successfully Orchestrating Mathematical Discussion in your Middle School Classroom
|7:30||10 min||Gather and connect
|7:45||30 min||Equation String for us (not our students)
|8:15||45 min||Formidable Task: True or False: 3 x 16 = 6 x 8
|9:00||10 min||Lesson debrief
Goal setting and planning for the next two weeks
|9:10||5 min||Intentional closure|
|9:15||Session 4 concludes|