If you would like to read reviews from Amazon, check out the links below.
- Caste: The Origins of Our Discontent
- The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can ProsperTogether
- The Person You Mean to Be: How Good People Fight Bias
- Don’t Look Away: Embracing Anti-Bias Classrooms
- So You Want to Talk About Race?:
- Stamped: Racism, Anti-Racism, and You
- Voices & Perspectives – TED Talks
- Teaching Hard History – Podcast Episodes
- Voices & Perspectives – Podcast Episodes
As you read, listen, and/or watch, we will use the Connect-Extend-Challenge protocol to anchor our Pre-Planning Summer Learning discussions. Use Post-it Notes or jot in your book/journal to think through the following:
- How are these ideas connected to what you already know?
- What new ideas are you gaining that extend or push your thinking in new directions?
- What ideas challenge you or are confusing to get your mind around? What questions, wonderings, or tensions do you now have?
For Pre-Planning, what are the 3 most important aha’s or take-a-ways that you would share with others from your selected book/TED talks/podcasts?