Math Committee Professional Development
Jill Gough, Marsha Harris, Becky Holden
February 8, 2017
- Morning Session: Early Learners Leads, Pre-K Leads + 2 Assistants, 1/2 Kindergarten
- Afternoon Session: Early Learners Assistants, Pre-K Assistants, 1/2 Kindergarten
- I can facilitate intentional tasks to improve numeracy and flexibility for all learners.
- I can mathematize children’s literature to foster several of the Standards of Mathematical Practice.
- I can make sense of tasks and persevere in solving them.
|15 min||Welcome and Intentions|
|45 min||Numeracy through Literature – Notice and Note
Love Monster and the Last Chocolate by Rachel Bright
|45 min||Designing for Learning (in vertical teams)
Read, select, and design – anticipate and connect to concept cloud
|50 min|| Facilitate planned read aloud with others in
your base-team teachers serving as the learners
|10 min||Next steps and challenge|