Trinity School would like to invite interested elementary mathematics teachers to participate in ongoing professional learning tis fall. We will offer Embolden Your Inner Mathematician on Wednesday mornings through December. Seating is limited. If interested, please register soon.
At the end of the semester, teacher-learners should be able to say:
- I can exercise mathematical flexibility to show what I know in more than one way.
- I can make sense of tasks and persevere in solving them.
- I can work within NCTM’s Eight Mathematical Teaching Practices for strengthening the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- For: Pre-K–6 Educators
- Dates: Wednesday mornings, Sept 2017 – Dec 2017
- Time: 7:15 to 9:15 AM
(The flyer advertises an early morning start time of 7:15. Realistically, the hard start time is 7:30. We plan for 7:15-7:30 to be a time for coffee, questions, and celebrations of work.)
- Jill Gough, Director of Teaching and Learning
- Marsha Harris, Director of Curriculum
- Becky Holden, Early Learning Mathematics Specialist
The weekly schedule of topics are as follows:
The weekly schedule of topics can be viewed on the Embolden Your Inner Mathematician Google doc. If you are interested in emboldening your inner mathematician and would like to join us, please contact us for additional details.