Monday, May 10, 2017 at 3:10:3:45
(part of FSLT meeting)
Location: Community Room
- Continued work on vertical alignment to create a balanced literacy curriculum
- Expanding knowledge of best practices and their role in our current program (mini-lesson, conferring, small/strategy group, read-aloud, mentor text/sentences)
- Sharing work with grade level teams to grow our entire community as teachers
- Raising the level of teacher confidence and gaining clarity in what deepening learning means in literacy through assessment practices
- Study and participate in discussions around the Units of Study by Lucy Calkins and Reading/Writing Strategies by Jen Serravallo
- Analyze best practices from #TCWRP and utilize the materials/videos provided
- Refine and improve learning progression and other assessment practices for vertical alignment and knowing your learners as readers and writers.
- Make conferring toolkits and personal sketchbook
- To collaborate with the Director of Curriculum to plan committee meetings, team meetings, and professional development
- To work as a team to meet the above goals
- To develop a plan for sharing, coaching, and teaching grade level members to further equip them with the tools to further gain confidence as a reader/writer/speaker/listener.