Wednesday January 4, 2017
||Check in and Celebrations
- 3rd grade is completing their informational books and
the students are excited with how their
published books are turning out!
- 5th grade reorganized their reader’s notebooks
into sections (anchor charts, classwork, homework).
The students feel that the organization is helpful and
they are excited about their new notebooks.
- 1st grade enjoyed their nonfiction reading unit and
are now starting their on demand prompt for nonfiction writing.
- 2nd grade is writing nonfiction books about force and motion.
- 4th grade has been working on their nonfiction unit and
are using their reader’s notebooks to keep graphic organizers.
- Kindergarten just completed persuasive writing and is about
to begin how to books.
- Learning team is working on writing stamina and organization
||January Running Records (Michelle will Lead!)
- Pre-k: outliers
- K: all students/this might be the 1st assessment
done on some students
- 1st-5th: all students
Learning Team will assist with all students who receive service.
Benchmark Expectations for Grade Levels– independent
||Characteristics of Readers
- Discussion in grade levels
-spelling and writing
||Attendance and Feedback
||What would you be interested in learning about?
- On demand prompts
- Schedules/time management
- Let’s be done with it
- Students seemed more interested with free writing
- What should we show parents?
- Difficult to take grades
- What grade does each scaled score equal?