If you would like to read summaries and reviews of the books above, please follow the provided links:
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know by Adam Grant
- The Leader’s Guide to Unconscious Bias: How To Reframe Bias, Cultivate Connection, and Create High-Performing Teams by Pamela Fuller, Mark Murphy, Anne Chow
- Making Numbers Count: The Art and Science of Communicating Numbers by Chip Heath, Karla Starr
- Figuring Out Fluency in Mathematics Teaching and Learning, Grades K-8 Moving Beyond Basic Facts and Memorization by Jennifer M. Bay-Williams, John J. SanGiovanni
- Speech to Print: Language Essentials for Teachers by Louisa Cook Moats Ed.D.
- Social-Emotional Learning and the Brain: Strategies to Help Your Students Thrive by Marilee Sprenger
- TED talks: Voices and Perspectives
- TED Talks: Health and Wellness
As you read, listen, and/or watch, we will use the Connect-Extend-Challenge protocol to anchor our Pre-Planning Summer Learning discussions. Use Post-it Notes or jot in your book/journal to think through the following:
- How do these ideas connect to what you already know?
- What new ideas are you gaining that extend or push your thinking in new directions?
- What ideas challenge you or are confusing to get your mind around? What questions, wonderings, or tensions do you now have?
For Pre-Planning, what are the 3 most important aha’s or take-a-ways that you would share with others from your selected book/TED talks?